Sunday, September 12, 2004

William Somner Archery Tournament

Took part in this today. My very first competition, but only did a 'Hereford' instead of a 'York', so as a gent could not win anything :-(. I scored 780, which is ok, but 100 shy of a first class which is what I wanted to maintain. Still, it was good practice and I met some really nice fellow archers.

I was really nervious, and it took about 18 arrows to get into the swing of things, probably where I lost most of the points.

It only rained once, heavy but short.

I do wish I had done the longer distance, but that is what I had been put down for. I was hitting the target on Friday night at 100 yards, but it was hard going. Perhaps I would have done more harm than good to have attempted this at competition, despite my bruised ego. I have prepared long for this day, getting the right coloured trousers and working like no tommorrow to make sure that all my lesson planning for school was done by yesterday.

I now have the whole winter to practice before the British weather improves again sometime next April / May. I really want that 'Bowman'.

1 comment:

Good Wife said...

Sounds like you had a fun go at it anyway! :) I'll bet you get 'bowman' before you know it!

xoxo

(sorry I've been lax in comments, I do still check here everyday! :)