Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ouch

Finally got the car in (Yesterday) as another early morning posting. Just heard one car go by, still nice and quiet though. A new catalitic converter - 225 quid, only to find that there is a small hole in the exhaust quoted at 190 quid. So down to Halfords to get some exhaust tape to seal it until its MOT, if really bad, then I will have to give it up and get something new - I cannot keep spending more and more money - I simply do not have it.

Still, I was able to read a Dreamweaver book I have bought whilst waiting - really good, so have ordered the Flash CS3 version too. Along with a book on Alan Turing, I have always wanted to know this initial foundation ever since understanding the Fetch, Decode, Execute, Store process of a CPU - from "The MOTOROLA MC68000. An Introduction to Processor Memory and Interfacing. Jean Bacon". The MC68000 has a really good instruction set that is easy to understand and an architecture that is simpler to address than the Intel 8086+ type series. In Uni, I once wrote a Fruit Machine program, but got called up for cheating when a friend at the time used the same 'mulu' operand (multiply unassigned) to solve a problem in the program - I had done the work and she had copied me. I am now writing this blog on an Intel Dual Core E4600 CPU - how things have moved on in fifteen years. The younger generation cannot seem to understand a World without Mobile Phones, CD's and the Internet. Still, it is the same for all generations as technology progresses, so do new sets of humans appear to embrace it.

No comments: