Friday, July 25, 2008

Something old into something new.

Quiet day today. Fixed(ish) the car's exhaust with the putty stuff I bought, only to find more rust! Urgh. I think that I am going to face up to the fact that I have to replace the car in the medium term, even though I love it so much.

Watched the Colditz Story (again but for a long while), good as I could not remember what happened, but the Jamaica joke is still going strong. I tell it to my students and they look confused.

Almost finished rebuilding my old PC so that I can give it to a mate's daughter, even though he does not know it yet - a surprise. The one she has at the moment is really pants, so this one should help with her school work. If only all students could have access to a computer, it would really help them to attain the skills for life.

Whilst doing this, recorded 'Up Periscope' off the telly to watch later - the old films are really good for a proper feel good feeling.

Flash book did not arrive, I hope it does tomorrow. Only six more weeks left of the holidays. One week down and still thinking about work. Lots of preparation to do between now and then. Lots of people think that working in a school with lots of holidays is a walk in the park. It is most definitely not - it has taken me the best part of a week to recover from my exhaustion - and this year I have not had a cold at the end of term (yet). I worked it out once, that with all the hours I work in term time and the holidays (yes, them too) - I get about four weeks off in total, and only 2 - 3 will actually be without doing anything work related at all. And even though at this point in time I have six'ish weeks to go, I still have that 'list' in my head of the things that need doing.

No comments: