Saturday, August 23, 2008

A hard day at the office

Ouch, what a day.

Started off with a run to Tesco's to get the weekly shop of stuff, followed by a slight break, then time to clean the car.

Rigged up an extension lead and started to hoover. Fourty five minutes later and progress had been made - I do not normally find time for this job, so it has been a while. Hoovered everything inside. Then soapy water for the plastic surfaces, followed by a complete wash of the outside. Next up T-Cut to sort out the fading red paint - some time later, in fact, more than some with extra elbow grease and superb stuff - the best the car has looked in years.

Next up, the outside Elecy door, has been fading with green growing stuff for ages, so with the brushes and black weather sheild purchased earlier, I set to work. By about 14:45 I was done and a little tired. Time for the salad and a film or two on the Telly.

The other day, I found a Sat Nag, really funny, which got me thinking today whist painting - which for the most part is boring - if you can have a Sat Nav or a Sat Nag, what about a Darth Vader Nav? It could have such sayings as:

Turn left at the next junction Luke.
Use the Force to reach your destination.
You have made a mistake, I will now starve the engine of oxygen.
I am your vehicle's Father.
Be at one with the Motorway.

More to follow?

No comments: