Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Land of Hope and Glory

Had a good lye in this morning, made breakfast and watched Dad's Army - the film, for nostalgia. Really good to relax and forget all about the stresses of life. Now according to another episode of the television version of Dad's Army, Walmington-On-Sea is approx 20 miles from Dover and near Dymchurch, and as it is on the coast and has a pier to be guarded, that puts it around 'here'. Now, in searching for links for this post I came across this 'website' - which appears to have a host of information.

Also relaxed last night by watching 'Every Which Way But Loose' and looking forward to watching the sequel 'Any Which Way You Can' this evening whilst drinking Coffee and Drambuie even though I am normally a Tea drinker. This concoction of liquids used to be called 'Liquid Sugar' buy my former Archery Club, and was used to keep going whilst teaching Archery at the Three Counties Show in Worcestershire. A rather dubious club as they once removed articles from the Crime Prevention Tent that could be used for the benefit of the club - I was fortunate that this event was before my time. In addition to shooting a Hot Air balloon - in the basket. Although taking out the Tractor plate glass door was sort of my fault, well, umm, really my fault, but the owners Wife did say to him that he should not have left it (the Tractor) there in the first place.

And, now, I know what you are thinking - too much time off for a Teacher - well humm - I did additionally manage today to install a WAMP server on my PC and a copy of Wordpress MU (bad pun as this is a Blog Post) so that I could try it out and then get it installed at school so that the A Level Media Students can Blog for their course and get marks. Also installed extra themes and plugins of i3theme, lightbox and Role Manager.

No comments: